The 2018 AHGinspire conference will be at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis-Chesterfield and is located at 16625 Swingley Ridge Rd, Chesterfield, Missouri 63017, 1-636-532-5000. AHG Members are encouraged to stay at this location to enjoy the following:
- Official conference site with quick, easy access to the events
- Network with other Volunteers and Staff at the Conference
- Close proximity to shopping and restaurants
- Room cost starts at $133/night plus tax. Price is good at or before May 2018 or until sold out
- One breakfast voucher per person – up to 4 in a room
- Free wi-fi
- Access to athletic center attached to hotel
- Cancellation by 4:00pm day of arrival
Please contact the hotel directly with any hotel reservation needs or questions. AHG has a limited block of hotel rooms reserved at DoubleTree. AHG Members may reserve with this link: http:/bit.ly/2wDqjnd. Overflow hotels will be blocked as necessary.
Still looking for a hotel room?
Due to the high number of people staying at the DoubleTree, AHG has secured overflow hotel rooms at three nearby hotels. AHG Members are encouraged to continue to check with the DoubleTree for rooms that may become available due to cancellations.
- Drury Plaza Hotel St. Louis Chesterfield – prices start at $138/night plus tax
- Link to make reservation https://www.druryhotels.com/Reservations.aspx?groupno=2316942
- Use group code: AHG
- Price good until May 6, 2018 or until sold out
- Includes breakfast
- Cancellation before 12:00pm day of arrival
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Chesterfield – prices start at $149/night plus tax
- Link to make reservation http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/missouri/homewood-suites-by-hilton-st-louis-chesterfield-STLCDHW/index.html
- Bed type is king suites with pullout sofa
- Price good until 11:59pm on May 24, 2018 or until sold out
- Includes breakfast
- Cancellation is 4:00pm day of arrival
- Hyatt Place St. Louis Chesterfield – prices start at $129/night plus tax
- Link to make reservation https://stlouischesterfield.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
- Use group code: G-AMER
- Bed type is queen/queen
- Price good until 11:59pm on May 17, 2018 or until sold out
- Includes breakfast
- Cancellation by 3:00pm day prior to arrival
Lunch & other breaks
Conference attendees are encouraged to make the most of their 2-hour lunch break. Didn’t get a chance to talk to that certain vendor? Like to shop the AHGstore? Want to connect with other Leaders from your area? Need a few minutes to relax and process? The mid-day breaks are a perfect opportunity. Make sure to view the full schedule for hours the Exhibit Area will be open.
A box lunch is included in your registration cost. Conference attendees are required to select a regular, gluten-free, or vegetarian lunch option during online registration. Please note that this is the only “meal” included in your registration cost in order to keep AHGinspire affordable for all.
Other meal options
Breakfast is included with the DoubleTree rooms secured within the hotel block. Visit the hotel dining page to find hours for meals. Remember to allow plenty of time because of high traffic with all of the other attendees staying onsite.
Attendees will have several options to choose from for their Saturday lunch and dinner breaks. These include utilizing the dining options available from the hotel or selecting from several restaurants in the area.
Snacks and drinks can be secured by using the hotel’s onsite Starbucks and other dining options.
Major food allergies
Major food allergy concerns need to be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and no later than April 15th. This will allow enough time to connect you with the hotel’s caterer to address any major concerns regarding your Friday lunch option.
Does AHG have maps of the area to help me in my planning?
View the Maps & Directions page provided by the DoubleTree.
When should I arrive?
Official sign-in for Conference begins Thursday at 3:00pm CT. The event starts at 7:00pm CT with a special message from AHG’s Founder, Patti Garibay. Plan to stay for the opening of the Exhibit Area from 9:00-11:00pm CT to visit dozens of vendors and shop the AHGstore.
Which airport should I choose when flying in for the conference?
The following airports are suggested by the DoubleTree for those attending the 2018 AHGinspire conference.
- Louis Lambert International Airport (STL) is located approximately 30 minutes from the hotel.
- Spirit of St. Louis Airport (SUS) is located approximately 10 minutes from the hotel.
I have transportation needs because I will be flying in for the Conference…
Unfortunately, AHG, Inc. is unable to assist in transporting conference attendees to and from the airport/bus station. We apologize for the inconvenience but have a few suggestions to help our guests navigate the St. Louis-Chesterfield area.
Click here for a listing of ground transportation options provided by the St. Louis Lambert International Airport. This list includes rental cars, rail, bus, and shared van services, among other options.
Other transportation options are provided by the DoubleTree on their Maps & Directions page.
What if I am unable to attend AHGinspire after purchasing a package? Is there a cancellation policy?
Your purchase of a Registration package is final. No exceptions will be permitted. Please note that all purchases are non-refundable, however,they are transferable through May 31st, 2018. Packages can only be transferred for face value and do not guarantee workshop selections, t-shirt sizes, meal selections, or a printed name tag. Please contact AHG at email@example.com if you need to transfer your registration.
I would like to connect with others who are attending AHGinspire…
Please visit the Official AHGinspire Facebook Event Page to connect with others who will be attending. Remember to follow social media security guidelines when leaving comments as the Event Page is a public Page. Visit the Facebook Event Page here.
Our family is really strapped financially. Do you have any fundraising ideas?
Consider asking your Charter Organization to fund a portion of your attendance at AHGinspire in order for you to learn to be more effective in your AHG Ministry. Perhaps the Women’s Ministry or Missions Board would like to see AHG grow and your enthusiasm enhanced. Consider a Troop Garage Sale, where Troop families donate unused items to raise funds for their AHG sisters to attend AHGinspire.
What about a sponsorship program where others can sponsor an AHG Leader/LIT to attend AHGinspire?
Have the sponsored person report back to the sponsor or sponsoring organization on all that they learned and experienced.
Host a spaghetti dinner for your Charter Organization, procuring donated foods from the local restaurant or grocery and asking for a love offering. The opportunities for raising funds are only as limited as your imagination!
Connect with your Troop Coach for additional fundraising ideas.